I have decided to join another round of the Secret Pal Swap and I have also decided to be a hostess! I have my work cut out for me but I am really excited to participate and help out.
1. What is/are your favorite yarn/s to knit with? What fibers do you absolutely *not* like?
I love most all fibers and yarn types. I am not a huge fan of acrylics but some blends are fine.
2. What do you use to store your needles/hooks in?
I have a drawer in a cabinet that I use for all of these things.
3. How long have you been knitting & how did you learn? Would you consider your skill level to be beginner, intermediate or advanced?
I am a self-taught knitter and have been knitting for about 4 years. I would consider myself between intermediate and advanced because there are some advanced techniques I have not tried yet.
4. Do you have an Amazon or other online wish list?
Yes. I think you can find it by typing in my name.
5. What's your favorite scent?
I love floral and woodsy scents. I really don't have a favorite though.
6. Do you have a sweet tooth? Favorite candy?
I have a huge sweet tooth for ice cream! I don't eat a lot of candy but chocolates and Good-n-Plentys would be at the top of my list!
7. What other crafts or Do-It-Yourself things do you like to do? Do you spin?
I have tried sewing and was horrible at it. I need lessons. I do spin and love doing so, but I spend most of my time knitting. I would like to spend more time doing crochet though.
8. What kind of music do you like? Can your computer/stereo play MP3s? (if your buddy wants to make you a CD)
I don't have an MP3 player let. I like all kinds of music from rock, alternative and even some country.
9. What's your favorite color(s)? Any colors you just can't stand?
I am loving reds and blues right now. I also love yellows and greens and pinks. I don't use orange too much.
10. What is your family situation? Do you have any pets?
We do have pets - 2cats and a dog and a bird. We also have chickens in the back yard. I have four children and I am getting married Aug. 1st. I can't wait! At that point I will have 2 new step-daughters.
11. Do you wear scarves, hats, mittens or ponchos?
I wear scarves, hats and mittens. I have one poncho and wear it occasionally during the winter.
12. What is/are your favorite item/s to knit?
I love knitting sweaters and summer tops. I also love cardigans. I do knit mittens for my kids and socks from time to time.
13. What are you knitting right now?
I am knitting a yoke leaf top from Knit.1 and diminishing ribs cardi for Knits.
14. Do you like to receive handmade gifts?
15. Do you prefer straight or circular needles? Bamboo, aluminum, plastic?
I prefer aluminum circular needles. I rarely use straights anymore. I have used bamboo but I really love Addi Turbos.
16. Do you own a yarn winder and/or swift?
I own both and can't live without them!
17. How old is your oldest UFO?
I don't even want to think about this. It is about 4 years old or a bit less. It was a sweater I was knitting for my son when I first started knitting. It is faire isle and I had no idea what I was doing when I started it!
18. What is your favorite holiday? What winter holiday do you observe?
Christmas is my favorite holiday. It is stressful but I love magic feelings it creates in my kids. It is a good time of year to teach them about giving.
19. Is there anything that you collect?
Yarn, Yarn, and Yarn! And Addi Turbos.
20. Any books, yarns, needles or patterns out there you are dying to get your hands on? What knitting magazine subscriptions do you have?
I would really like to have the book Glam Knits. I have a lot of books. I also wouldn't mind having Handknit Holidays.
21. Are there any new techniques you'd like to learn?
I would like to try Faire Isle again and more stranding techniques. I really enjoy stranding with colorwork.
22. Are you a sock knitter? What are your foot measurements?
Not a major sock knitter but I love hand knit socks. I wear a size 8 shoe.
23. When is your birthday?
24. Are you on Ravelry? If so, what's your ID?
Yes I am! Yarnit is my ID.